Surely, you already know or have heard of chilaquiles, because we’ve shared in previous occasions some recipes and information about them.
However, when we’re speaking about cooking and flavor, you can always improve, vary and combine the preparations.
The proposal we bring to you today is chilaquiles verdes, a variant of the traditional chilaquiles recipe, but just as delicious, nutritious and easy to make.
You can use it either for a special breakfast, or simply to surprise everyone with this appetizing, energizing and crunchy dish.
It can also become in your best choice if you want to prepare a rejuvenating breakfast after a night of partying.
How to make homemade chilaquiles verdes?
Although chilaquiles verdes is an easy and economical preparation, it’s always important to have an ace in the hole to get a perfect dish.
In this way, it’s important to know that in order to give the chilaquiles a better consistency and to keep their form, you should prepare the tortillas the night before.
Remember that in the kitchen your imagination is your limit, so if you have some meat that was left from last night’s dinner, you can shred it and add it on top of the chilaquiles as part of the decoration.
In the same way, if you want this recipe to have a slightly spicy touch, you can add a portion of powder tree chili to the ingredients.
Chilaquiles verdes recipe
- pan, blender
For the sauce
- 10 green tomatoes
- 4 Serrano chilies
- 1 clean and cut garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of oil
For the chilaquiles
- 4 to rtillas cut in a triangular shape
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of white onion cut in fine slices
- 2/3 cup of cut coriander
- ¾ cup of crumbled cheese
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
Elaboración paso a paso
- Peel the tomatoes and add them to a pot with enough water that can cover them. Also add the chilies and put it on the stove.
- When it starts boiling, turn off the heat and let it rest. Add it to the blender and blend until forming a sauce.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and put it on the stove. When the oil is hot, add the sauce you just blended and cook on medium heat until it reduces a bit and gets thicker.
- Before removing, remember to season with salt. Once it’s ready, pour it into a soup dish and set aside.
- Now proceed to prepare the chilaquiles. In order to do that add the rest of the oil in a wider frying pan, fry the triangular tortillas until they’re brown and crunchy.
- If you think you won’t be able to fry all the tortillas at once due to the size of the pan, then just fry half of them and repeat the process.
- Once they’re fried, put them on absorbent paper to eliminate the excess grease and add them to the sauce you previously prepared.
- At last, add on top of this dish the fine onion slices, the cheese, the sour cream and some coriander.
- You can have this with scramble eggs, fried eggs or the meat of your choice.