Surely hearing tell of chilaquiles will not be new to you. This is certainly because we have shared its recipe in previous articles.
If you remember, there are a lot of different varieties for this crunchy dish, you should know that one of the most well-known ones and most homemade ones is Chilaquiles Rojos.
This is precisely the proposition we bring you today: some delicious, nutritious, and energizing Chilaquiles Rojos capable of bringing back your strength, energy, and a real possibility of saying goodbye to your hangover.
Its preparation is very simple and easy, and it can be even easier if you follow some tips we will give you further on.
Remember that with this breakfast you will not only be able to surprise the most demanding diners, but also guarantee the revitalization you will need to face your daily tasks.
How to make Chilaquiles Rojos?
One of the tricks or tips that you should follow for this preparation is making the tortillas you will use for the chilaquiles in advance.
If you could do it the day before, it would be even better, since you will not only be able to optimize your time to prepare the recipe, but also you will obtain a firmer and crunchier texture.
You can also use any type of meat you have left over from your last dinner. If this is the case, just unravel it and add it to the ingredients.
Chilaquiles Rojos Recipe
- cooking pot, pan
For the Sauce
- 4 to matoes
- 2 serrano chilies
- ¼ of an onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ a cup of water
- 1 epazote branch
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
For the chilaquiles
- 1 kg of corn tortillas
- 1/2 L of oil
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 200 g of fresh crumbled cheese
- ½ an onion
- 2 tablespoons of cut cilantro
Elaboración paso a paso
- The first thing to do is to cut the tortillas in a triangular shape. While you cut them, add some oil to fry in a pan and wait until it is hot.
- Add the triangular tortillas and fry them well until they are golden and crunchy. Remove them and put them on absorbent paper to get rid of excess oil. Save them for later.
- To prepare the pot, add water, the tomatoes, and the chilies to a pan. Put it on the stove and let it boil.
- While it’s still fresh, put it in a blender and add the garlic and the onion. Blend until getting a sauce.
- In a pot, add the olive oil and the sauce that you have just blended. If you prefer a creamier consistency, pour it through a strainer. Also add the branch of epazote and remember to add salt and pepper.
- Let it boil for approximately 5-7 minutes so that it gets a thicker consistency.
- After this time, add the fried tortillas and let them cook on the stove for a few more minutes so that way the flavors mix well.
- Finally, serve the chilaquiles on a deep dish and place the chicken meat on top. Scatter the cream, the cheese, and the onion overtop of it. Crush the cilantro leaves.